In line with the 20th July 2023 Events, the route between the Honda Traffic Lights Junction, the Alpet (Altınbaş) Petrol Traffic Lights Junction and Gönyeli roundabout in Lefkoşa (Nicosia) will be closed on Thursday from 3 pm until the end of the ceremony.
Road diversions are as follows:
• Drivers who are travelling to the Lefkoşa Industrial Zone will be directed from the Altınbaş Petrol Traffic Lights Junction.
• Drivers from Gazimağusa (Famagusta) wanting to travel to the Near East University will be diverted to the Near East Boulevard via the Lefkoşa (Nicosia) North Ring Road.
• Drivers from Gazimağusa who will be travelling to the capital Lefkoşa will be diverted left from the Hamitköy roundabout and onto the Mimar Mehmet Vahip Street and Şht İsmail Beyoğlu Street or left from the Honda Traffic Lights and onto the Şht Mustafa Ahmet Ruso Street.
• Drivers travelling from Gazimağusa to Güzelyurt (Morphou) will be diverted to the Gönyeli roundabout via the Lefkoşa North Ring Road or the Metehan – Alayköy Ring Road from the Citroen Traffic Lights junction on the Lefkoşa Mehmet Akif Avenue.
• Drivers from Güzelyurt travelling to Lefkoşa will be diverted from the Alayköy – Metehan Ring Road or Gönyeli roundabout to the Dr Burhan Nalbantoğlu Street (State Hospital).
• Drivers from Girne (Kyrenia) travelling to Lefkoşa (Nicosia) will be diverted to Dr Burhan Nalbantoğlu Street (State Hospital) from the Gönyeli roundabout.