Two fires that broke out in Tuzla (Enkomi) and Gazimağusa (Famagusta) have been put out it has been reported.
According to a police report, a fire broke out at a balcony in Tuzla at around 8.45 pm yesterday as a result of a gas leakage. It has been reported that the fire was extinguished by the owner and his neighbors. The balcony door, mosquito nets and curtains in the flat were damaged due to the fire. An investigation is ongoing.
Meanwhile, a pickup truck in Gazimağusa caught fire yesterday at around 7 pm. According to a statement by police, the vehicle licensed (LR 617) that was parked in Gazimağusa caught fire it has been reported. The fire, believed to have been caused by a short circuit in the starter fuse of the vehicle was extinguished by fire-fighters.
The electrical components of the vehicle were damaged due to the fire. An investigation into the incident continues.