Damage was caused in a flat in Lefkoşa (Nicosia) following a fire that broke out yesterday.
The fire that broke out on the balcony of an apartment on Sadık Ağa Street at around 4 pm on Tuesday was believed to have been caused by old pieces of fabric in a trash bin that caught light from a cigarette butt that was not put out properly, the police report says.
The fire was extinguished by the Fire Brigade. A balcony door and cables of an outdoor air conditioner unit, the plastic trash bin and the old fabrics inside were damaged. The walls of the balcony were covered in soot due to the smoke.