It has been reported that a fire broke out at Burhan’s Hotel in Karpaz at around 4 pm on Sunday. The fire that broke out caused damage to a laundry room in the basement of Burhan’s Hotel, operating in Dipkarpaz. Clothes that were left on a tumble dryer blocking the air vent caused the tumble dryer to overheat and cause a fire.
The fire, which was extinguished by the Fire Brigade, caused damage to 25 chair cushions, one fluorescent lamp, and various unused old clothes. The walls of the laundry room were also covered in black soot due to smoke.
An investigation into the incident continues.